Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Sudden BSOD

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tshepo_1

Tshepo_1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 27 March 2010 - 07:42 AM

Hi Folks,
I have been running Windows 7 on a machine I built couple of years ago without any hassles. Since last weekend, I started having CMOS errors and the dreaded BSOD either after windows has started or shortly thereafter. As a result I have been searching for possible soultions on the web and came across Combofix this morning.
I naively thought it would just fix as I suspected a virus or similar, unfortunately no luck. Upon further reading I noticed that I should have perhaps been told to run it and would then know what to do next.

I have a log file from combofix, where to or whom should i post it for analysis and help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 27 March 2010 - 10:31 AM

ComboFix usage, Questions, Help? - Look here

Unlike what many people think, Combofix is not a fix-all program that's just "run and done". It is a highly specialized tool that should only be used under the supervision of an expert. It's not an "everyday use", clean-all program.

If you suspect malware, please post a new topic in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs sub-forum, with a description of the issues you are having and the log file. Please note: the Malware Response team are always overwhelmed, and it could take a few days to get your first reply. Just be patient and don't "bump" your topic by replying to it. You will also likely be scolded for running Combofix without supervision.

If you don't suspect malware and just ran Combofix for no good reason, please uninstall it by typing the following into the "Run" box and pressing Enter: combofix /uninstall. In this case, we will try to diagnose your problems here in the Windows 7 sub-forum.
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users