to the Malware Removal forum! My online alias is Blade Zephon
, or Blade
for short, and I will be assisting you with your malware issues!
In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options
. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic
. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification
and then clicking on Proceed
you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.
Before we begin cleaning your machine, I'd like to lay out some guidelines for us to follow while we are working together.
- I will be assisting you with your malware issues. This may or may not resolve other problems you are having with your computer. If you are still having problems after your machine has been determined clean, I will be glad to direct you to the proper forum for assistance.
- Even if things appear better, that does not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions until I give you the all clean. Absence of symptoms does not mean that all the malware has been removed. If a piece of the infection is left, it can regenerate and reinfect your machine.
- Attention to detail is important! Since I cannot see or directly interact with your computer I am dependent on you to "be my eyes" and provide as much information as you can regarding the current state of your computer.
- I ask that you please refrain from running tools other than those I suggest to you while I am cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so I know what is going on with the machine at any time. If you act independently it will cause changes to your system that I will not be aware of, which will make the process of cleaning the machine a much slower and more difficult process. Additionally, some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.
- Please perform all steps in the order received. If you are unsure or confused about any instructions I give you, you should ask me to clarify before doing anything. Additionally, if you run into any problems while carrying out instructions, you should STOP and reply back here explaining what happened.
- After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed. If you need additional time, that is perfectly alright; you just need to let us know beforehand.
Please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine.
You will need a clean computer to create this disc...
Print these instructions out so that you know what you are doing
After you have successfully burned the OTLPE ISO to disc you will need to transfer the disc to the CD drive of your sick computer and boot from it.
- Insert the CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and then restart the computer.
- If your PC is not booting from the CD, you need to change the boot order:
- Restart your PC
- As soon as you get an image, press the Setup key. This is usually F2, or Del. On some machines the key can also be a different one. It should, however, be stated on the screen which key is the setup key.
- Once you enter the computer's BIOS, use the arrow keys and tab key to move between elements. Press enter to select an item to change.
- Navigate to the tab, where you can set the boot order. It should be called Boot or Boot order
- The tab should now show your current boot order.
If the CD-drive is not at the top, please navigate to the CD-Rom drive with the keys arrows. Then move it to the top of the list. The keys for switching boot position are usually + to move up and - to move down. However they can be different, but they should be stated in the help, so that you can find them easily.
- Once the CD-drive is on top of the boot order, navigate to Exit and select Exit saving changes.
- Your PC should now boot from your CD.
- Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD-ROM drive if you are prompted.
- Please be patient as "Windows" loads
- Your system should now display a REATOGO-X-PE desktop.
- Double click on the icon on your desktop.
- When asked "Do you wish to load the remote registry", select Yes
- When asked "Do you wish to load remote user profile(s) for scanning", select Yes
- Ensure the box "Automatically Load All Remaining Users" is checked and press OK
- OTL should now start. Change the following settings
Edited by Blade Zephon, 27 March 2010 - 12:13 AM.