Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toshiba Satellite 1800 boot problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 dannobyte

dannobyte

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:28 PM

This is a rather complex problem.

I collect used computers, fix them and give them away. Generally the process is
straight-forward, however I have a Toshiba notebook that has stopped me dead.

It is a Toshiba Satellite.
The details from the label are:
Toshiba Satellite
1800 System Unit
Model No. PS183A-01MTC
This unit was retrieved from a skip bin thus I do not know any usernames or passwords.

I was initially presented with a power-on password. I found online a method to remove
this password using a parallel plug with certain of the wires joined together. Very effective.

The difficulty is that I am faced with a Novell Client for Windows logon. Tried
starting in safe mode and was faced with a Windows logon. I cannot access the bios to
change the boot sequence therefore I can't use any of the usual techniques for finding
or removing a password.

This one has become somewhat of a challenge and I intend to keep going until I beat it.

Your advice is welcome.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,735 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:39 PM

Unfortunately, even if you swear by your best intentions, helping you with bypassing any security tool would be against this and most boards' rules.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,313 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 AM

Posted 27 March 2010 - 07:36 AM

From BC's board rules...

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

Since you are obviously trying to hack a password-protected system I am closing this topic.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users