Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Updates?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Chas Brunson

Chas Brunson

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:04 PM

I recently updated a ton of stuff through the Windows web site. I also updated updated Adobe reader. Could someone let me know if I have to keep the old versions or can I remove them.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:53 PM

Many new versions overwrite the old ones.

Use REVO uninstaller to check if you have multiple versions and you can safely uninstall the old ones.

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninst...e_download.html

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#3 VistaMan

VistaMan

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:01 PM

It's a good idea to keep your softwares updated to the latest versions as they often have bugs fixes and generally improved from the previous versions but sometimes new versions can contain new bugs. It's best to update only if you really have to and wait for a while before you update to the latest versions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users