Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hacker trying to communicate with me? Help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Archtop

Archtop

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 26 March 2010 - 04:12 PM

Okay so my computer was very fast and nothing was wrong with it, then I restarted it one day and got assaulted with all these windows malware defense ads. Also, I could hear the pirates of the carribean theme song, a billy mays ad, and some cooking channel. (this has happened before but not as bad) I system restored, I did startup fixer, I ran malwarebytes, I ran an AVG scan, I ran spybot. It's still happening and now I can't open malwarebytes. I opened up my task manager to see what was running in the background. About 15 windows explorer.exe, about 20 svchost, and one certain process that struck me.

I can't remember what the process was called (as I have now shut down that computer and unplugged it from the internet) but the description was

"I really hate people who try and use anti-virus software, my least favorite is Eset, wbu?"

I don't even know where to begin now...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Archtop

Archtop
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 26 March 2010 - 04:32 PM

I have windows vista, dual core @ 1.6 with nvidea 8600 and 2g ram, just in case anyone needed to know that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users