Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is this a bad website?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 TheEgg

TheEgg

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 26 March 2010 - 01:55 PM

http://www.vpbargain.com/

I ordered something from them back on March 15.

http://www.vpbargain.com/products/Magnavox...ital-Tuner.html

I paid with PayPal because I was too lazy to have to register with them. Well its been over 10 days now and it still says Awaiting Fulfillment when I check the order status. I sent them a message yesterday and I got caca (no response yet).

I never heard of this website before, but they had what I wanted. So I don't know.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:10 PM

Never heard of them and not listed with http://www.resellerratings.com/ . Didn't find any complaints or scams posted about them with a quick google search.

Suggest you send an email requesting a specific ship by date and tracking info. If you don't get a reply, work with paypal to cancel your order for fraud.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 TheEgg

TheEgg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2010 - 04:58 PM

None of the products have any ratings or reviews. You'd think at least 1 person would write a review for something. Unless I'm their first customer. I don't think so. There is no real contact info anywhere on the page. I just sent them another message. They got 2 days then I'm filing a complaint. PayPal isn't much better. I tried calling them once and couldn't get a real person. When you think about the transactions that take place with PayPal each day, and the fact that they're owned by ebay, theres absolutely no excuse to have a person on the phone. Thats called greed and they will pay for it one day.

If it was up to me, I'd really really want to cut off all business with PayPal. But I can't. I do a lot of business on ebay because its soooo much cheaper than anyplace else and a lot of sellers require paypal. I just hope that god will punish the person/people responsible for not having a person on the phone as they don't appear to be candidates for heaven. :thumbsup:

Edited by TheEgg, 26 March 2010 - 05:02 PM.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:27 PM

PayPal does have a number you can call. But you need to log into your account and click 'contact us' a new page will open with a 60 minute duration 'pin number' and a phone number to call.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:57 PM

considering how many people use ebay and paypal, its actually no surprise its hard to reach anyone by phone without waiting obscene amounts of time. Even larger companies that make more money then that like wal-mart and microsoft can't afford to have enough customer service staff on hand to be able to handle everyones questions without them having to wait.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#6 TheEgg

TheEgg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2010 - 01:36 AM

^ I don't agree with that. I think its just greed. When I tried to call paypal that time, talking to a person wasn't even an option. It was not a question of waiting for a person.

But anyway, I didn't have to call paypal anyway. I filed a complaint with them. I took the first step which is to write a letter to the seller that paypal can also read. Minutes later, I got an email saying that my dispute had been closed. It said "Either you have reached a resolution with the seller or the dispute has been open for more than 20 days." I thought wait a minute, I'll be the judge whether its closed or not. I never reached a resolution with the seller. But I checked paypal and it appeared I got my $169.99 back, so whatever.

But to answer my own question, Yes, I believe VP Bargain is a bad website and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

#7 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:20 AM

while I agree, its annoying to not be able to talk to a live person, and greed may play into it, it also takes a large amount of resources to hire enough people for live customer support. Notice, paypals not the first to go to a all automatic system, getting customer service from microsoft, is next to impossible. If you can't find it on their online forum, your probably better off going somewhere else like here. :D

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#8 BucketHead131

BucketHead131

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 AM

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:29 PM

Its a legit place just not the greatest support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users