Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

asus no post or boot

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hitmanrj45

hitmanrj45

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 26 March 2010 - 01:39 PM

ok, i have an asus m3n72-d motherboard. alot of times when i turn it on, i get no post, beep, no video, and no beep error codes. sometimes i do receive 1 error code that i have looked up and it says it has to do with the video card, which is a nvidia geforce 8500 gt. also my mouse ( razer deathadder) has a wheel that lights up and that doesn't turn off when the computer is off. the solution that works SOMETIMES is if i completely powerdown the machine and drain it of power by turning off the switch right on the psu and then hitting the power button to make sure there is no electricity left in it. this doesn't allways work however. when i do get the machine to post and boot, everything works fine untill something fails and my screen will go black from loss of signal and i'll hear sound ( if there is any playing at the time) go into a fast loop, playing the same half a second of sound over and over again.

i have checked that everything is plugged in completely and that the video card is seated properly.

oh, i'm running windows xp pro, 32 bit

Edited by hitmanrj45, 26 March 2010 - 01:45 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 AM

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:19 PM

Try the video card in another computer if you can.

#3 hitmanrj45

hitmanrj45
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:29 PM

not an option for me right now, but i tried taking it out and using the onboard video, and got the same issue, just never got a beep code. but i need the video card as the onboard video can't handle the game i like to play ( Bad Company 2)

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 AM

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:30 PM

If the on board yields the same result then your motherboard is dead.

#5 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:38 PM

Hitmanj45 when is the last time you checked the processor's heatsink for dust accumulation?

Have you recently checked out and cleaned any of the air vents?

Before we send this motherboard to the can, I want to make sure it is indeed not saveable. :thumbsup:
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users