Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New build need some advice.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sufe70

sufe70

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:30 PM

System is built and running but I still have a few more add-ons to finish it 100% Currently the system is this.
MSI 770-G45 board
Phenom IIx2 545
4gb G-Skill ddr3 1600 (OC to 1600mghz)
WD Caviar Blue 500gb HD
1gb HIS ATI 4670 w/ I-silence zalman heatsink
Pioneer DVD combo drive and a Pioneer DVD/cdrw
Windows 7 64

My WEI score currently is 5.5 and my memory and HD are dragging my score down.Memory score is 5.5, CPU 6.5, Graph 6.8, game graph 6.8, and HD 5.9. Ideal I would like to be around 6.5 to 7 for a total WEI score.
How can I get these numbers up on Memory and HD? I'm planning to purchase another WD 500gb HD and set up a RAID 0.Will that raise my WEI score?
I'm guessing the only way to raise my memory is by buying a faster CL number and higher voltage with faster timings correct? Just adding more ram wont raise this number correct? Yet I found it odd that for the first few days I was running the ram at 1333 speed.After I OC to 1600 I ran the WEI again and the memory number did not change at all. Seems like it should if it's based off operations per second? I'm not trying to reach the all mighty 7.9 score. 6.5 to 7 is enough for me. Any ideas?And what would you do first? Buy more ram or set up a RAID? Thanks everyone.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blaze413

Blaze413

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2010 - 04:57 PM

im not sure about the raid raising the score....but i have a very good pc and the HDD is the lowest score on myine too...i think the only way to boost that is to go with a solid state hard drive which are insanely expensive. like i have 7.5 in everything except processor which is 7.4....but my HDD is 5.9 lol so that is low.......to have a 7.5 in ram i have 8gb or ddr3 gskill so maybe increasing the amount will effect the rating

so in review i think that to increase rating in ram=add more
and to get better HDD score=solid state (dont think they r worth it now for the price but not bashing them)

hope this helps!!!

#3 sufe70

sufe70
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:23 PM

Blaze413 Thanks. Yeah I read soemwhere that 5.9 was a standard HDD score for 7200rpm drives. I just ordered 4gb more of ram and another 500gb HD.I'll post a update once installed and retested.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users