Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Silly little usb...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Natalya

Natalya

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 PM

Posted 15 September 2005 - 11:26 PM

Ok fellow dudes and dudettes...

My darling little usb flash thingo decided that it will no longer work once plugged into my pc.

It works on every other pc i have plugged it into.. works like a charm even! but when it comes time to be plugged into my pc at home, windows will not detect it, nothing at all happens. i dont know what the problem is!

Also i plugged other USB devices into that port and guess what.. they work magnificently! sooo.... does anyone have an idea as to why my usb hates my pc?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! thank you me dears!

Natalya
My Website! - Natalya.2ya.com - The coolest site on the net!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2005 - 12:50 AM

Open your control panel and click on "system", then click the "hardware" tab, then click "device manager".

Click on the + to the left of USB controllers to open the tree.
Do you see any red or yellow warnings for any of the USB controllers, root hubs or anywhere else?

If so, double click on the device and update the drivers.

#3 Natalya

Natalya
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2005 - 02:27 AM

ok thankyou i will do that and see what happens!!
My Website! - Natalya.2ya.com - The coolest site on the net!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users