Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IT Professional, Application and Database Developer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Gil Simon

Gil Simon

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:30 AM

My name is Gil Simon

<bombast style=harangue: on; hotair: true>

I live in Titusville, Florida. NASA is right across the river and I can see the launch pads and VAB. Launches are spectacular!

I am an Information Technology Professional with many years experience. On a daily basis I am involved with Computer and Network setup, all phases of End-User Support, Floating License setup and maintenance, and VOIP to name a few.

I also write applications. Currently I code in VB 6.0, Visual Basic .NET 2003, Visual Basic .NET 2008. I work with both Windows and Internet applications (some call WinForms and WinForms though I think that sounds a bit campy). I am working on several Applications that I hope to sell when finished.

I code in the different permutations of Basic because I started in Basic. That was many years ago when I had an IBM XT computer that had 5.25Ē floppies with no hard drive and 64K of memory. WOW. It came with DOS and IBM Basic-A (which they called Advanced Basic). Okay, I'm showing my age! I liked getting a machine to do something using just plain old ordinary words.

I am expanding my coding to C#. Using code that Iíve already written will be a great accelerator towards proficiency in this language so I am quite confident in achieving this goal.

All of my applications are database driven. Therefore I am fluent in Relational Databases. I work with both MS Access Databases which I like because of its portability. You don't need anything installed to connect to and use an mdb (pre Access 2007) or accdb (Access 2007) database. I also work with SQL Server which I like for its power.

My time is almost completely filled between my official job, my personal projects, taking care of the house and yard, and more importantly my father and Heidi (our German Sheppard).

I am a member of many technical sites both subscription based and free so why did I join this site?

One of my big interests is Virus, Malware, and other intrusion cleaning. Iíve been using the SysInternals utilities to date and am constantly refining my abilities with them. I also want to look into other utilities and just began researching ComboFix. I found that Bleeping Computer has courses in the use of ComboFix and figured that I should spare some time and take them.

</bombast> LSHMSOOMN!!

A note to those who run this site Ė When applying to admission to this training I found that all seats were taken and that I should try again later. If it is possible to receive a notification when a new course starts it would be most appreciated. It would also be nice to be able to pre-register for future courses.

Anyways there you have it. I donít have much of a life outside of work and family but in Titusville there really isnít much happening. Our biggest industry here is Churches, Bars and Restaurants. I attend Church, eat at Restaurants but will not drink and drive! Oh yeah, we also go fishing.

If any of you want to communicate Iím sure you can contact me through this site. As I said before, I am busy most of the time and may not be able to respond immediately or even participate in a conversation for very long. I am a get to the point person in on-line and phone conversations anyways soÖ

I leave you with that and would like to say...

May all of your tomorrows be better than your yesterdays!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gil Simon

Gil Simon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:41 AM

In going through the other introductions I notice that the moderator has always replied with a link to the New User Orientation. This I will do shortly or later depending upon available time.

My reason for posting this is that I noticed that your moniker is Budapest.

Are you in or from Budapest or is this just an affectation?

All of my grandparents came to America from Hungary. Therefore I am 100% Hungarian.

I would like to take a vacation and tour Hungary some day. My Mom and Dad always wanted to do that but never got the chance.

If you have any pictures you would like to share Dad and I would really enjoy them.

If you would like to see some pictures of Shuttle Launches let me know.

Thanks

#3 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2010 - 04:41 PM

Hello Gil Simon and :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer. Here is the link you mentioned :flowers:

Please take a few moments to browse the New User Orientation forum, to help familiarize yourself with how the forum works.

Also, don't forget to check out the Tutorials.
There is a lot of very useful information there.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#4 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2010 - 05:26 PM

Welcome aboard Gil. I remember the old IBM boxes too. The company I worked for had thousands of 3270 pcs (5271). They were great computers in there time. :thumbsup: They even had a few AT/GXs. The displays were always fun to fix.

The malware schools are all busy, but we are revamping the school and slots open more often now.

Have a good weekend.

rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users