Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

triple partition

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bealer46

bealer46

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:02 AM

i have a custom built pc with a 650 gb hard drive.i have xpsp3 and unbuntu installed.i would like to try win7.i would like to know if it is possible to have 3 partitions one for each os on one hard drive. i have my xp and unbuntu disks.i will buy win7 soon.should i wipe my drive and start over, or try to load win7 on a new partition? i also have a 100 gb hard drive that i could install and have two drives.i don't know how get two drives to work in one pc.any information would a big help.i would like the best way to have the 3 os on my pc.if possible. thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:39 AM

“How to” Dual boot Ubuntu and Windows 7 (Ubuntu installed first)

Searching for triple boot was less enlightening, but you get the idea. Shrink your partition to make room for Windows 7, install it, then edit GRUB to include Windows 7 (I don't know how, I just know you have to).

Any questions? If it's anything directly related to Ubuntu, I can't help you. You'll need to visit the Linux sub-forum. But that's basically how you do it. :huh:
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#3 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 26 March 2010 - 01:48 PM

Perform the Windows 7 Upgrade advisor before your install Windows 7.

#4 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:40 PM

Perform the Windows 7 Upgrade advisor before your install Windows 7.

Yes, that would be advisable. Also, keep in mind: with a custom built PC, you're on your own as far as drivers and support go. You might want to check things like Windows 7 drivers for your graphics card and such (graphics card manufacturer's website).
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users