Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Music managing software

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kyle B

Kyle B

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:38 AM

Hello. It's about time I started abusing my speakers on my desktop and listened to music. However, I would like suggestions for software.

I used iTunes for a while because I had an iPod (which I don't anymore and not plan to get one any time soon), but if there's one thing I liked about iTunes, it had a really convenient way of making manual or automated playlists. I also would like to be able to modify tags easily and/or en masse. Much thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Twisted Image

Twisted Image

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:08 AM

I know it's not the popular choice, but I stick with WMP (using Media Player Codec Pack of course).
The library works fine, network sharing's a breeze, there are available plugins for itunes and its ilk, playlists are easily organized and exported (My Zune, Blackberry and Bluetooth enabled car stereo all accept WMP playlists), plus it has the best context menu options (especially in Windows 7). Just make sure you run your updates (it wasn't always so seamless and compatible)!

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 PM

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:05 PM

Another one you might want to check out:
Media Monkey
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 Kyle B

Kyle B
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:45 AM

Thanks for the replies. I started off with WMP, but had issues trying to mass-change tags on the go and downloaded Media Monkey. It really works beautifully.

However, I'll still use WMP for listening to individual songs or sound bytes from random places. Thanks again!

#5 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 27 March 2010 - 01:03 AM

I have iTunes currently (not pleased with it, i literally just finished chasing down over 1000 dead links that never moved, but I'm stuck with it since i have an iPod). I use The Godfather http://users.otenet.gr/~dtou20/ for mass tag editing usually and WMP for playing, ripping (I still buy CD's from the record store, doubt I'll ever change) and most small functions. We have a fairly nice list of Freeware Apps here on the site too http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...st&p=345675 <-will take you right to the Audio Apps section

/me wishes his modem would work in Linux so i could use Rhythmbox or Exaile again, they are awesome when it came to organizing your media library. Sadly no Windows ports exist for either program

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users