Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Audio device detected, sound card not detected

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dsmacsmith

dsmacsmith

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 PM

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:11 PM

I have a E-Machine T-4510. Running Windows XP Home 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600. My sound is gone. It seemed to happen around the time I installed a new printer. When I open my sound and audio properties it says "no audio device".

Yes, my speakers work, they are plugged in to an outlet and the correct jack on computer. They are only 2 months old.
I have uninstalled all from sound in device manager and reinstalled by clicking on check for hardware changes. Also reinstalled using find new hardware wizard. Everything under sound controllers in device manager has a yellow exclamation mark next to it. I have tried to update drivers. I get message saying there are not and new updates for them. I have used all options and ideas that came from windows audio troubleshooter. I have tried to restart computer. My volume is not muted, I cannot open volume control I get an error message saying "There are no active mixers installed, go to add new hardware".
I have tried add new hardware to no avail. My Audio is enabled in BIOS screen. Windows audio is automatic and started in Services. I have gotten repeated message saying "Driver is corrupt or missing" Code 39 whenever I have tried an install.

I am not sure at this point. I think I may need a driver for the unimodem half-duplex Audio device. Problem is I have no cd or original software that came with this computer. I need help this is taking up all my time now. I have lost hours of my life trying to fix this problem, without seeing any kind of results.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 PM

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:13 PM

I checked the E-machines web site for specs on your on-board audio device, it says your audio drivers are AC '97 drivers which are Realtek drivers.

Here is a link to the Realtek web site where your official AC '97 audio drivers and codecs can be downloaded.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downlo...p;GetDown=false

These drivers are safe and Virus free

Make sure you click the little box next to I accept the above on this web page then click Next to proceed to the list of drivers section.

On this page you will see AC'97 Audio codecs (software) Click this link, the next page will be a list of driver downloads.

Please post back and let us know if this has solved your problem.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by MrBruce1959, 26 March 2010 - 08:09 PM.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 dsmacsmith

dsmacsmith
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:44 PM

I clicked the link and it takes me to the webpage, I click I agree then next and it takes me to a page that says" that object has moved here" so I click that link it takes me back to the original link. It became an endless process. I looked under my add/remove programs and realtek audio device 5.36 is in the list. Also, during my previous attempts to solve this problem I am pretty sure I downloaded that link.

So, no that link did not resolve my issue, thank you for trying but I still have the same problem. I would greatly still appreciate any other advice or further ideas.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,748 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:30 PM

Honestly...I'd just try the drivers listed at the eMachines site for the T4511.

http://www.emachines.com/support/drivers.html

I have no idea why no drivers are listed for the T4510.

Louis

FWIW: The link posted MrBruce worked for me also.

Edited by hamluis, 26 March 2010 - 08:19 PM.

#5 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 PM

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:04 PM

I clicked the link and it takes me to the webpage, I click I agree then next and it takes me to a page that says" that object has moved here" so I click that link it takes me back to the original link. It became an endless process. I looked under my add/remove programs and realtek audio device 5.36 is in the list. Also, during my previous attempts to solve this problem I am pretty sure I downloaded that link.

So, no that link did not resolve my issue, thank you for trying but I still have the same problem. I would greatly still appreciate any other advice or further ideas.

I am not sure why that link did not work for you, it brought me to a page that lists 3 different options with "AC '97 driver and codecs" being the third on the list.

I tried to direct link you to the page with the actual list of drivers, but the web site won't let me link you there directly from a link posted here. Sorry about that. :thumbsup:

I went back and edited my instructions I gave you in post #2, I added what to do once you click the Next tab

Edited by MrBruce1959, 26 March 2010 - 08:12 PM.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#6 dsmacsmith

dsmacsmith
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:32 PM

I have downloaded those from realtek and still nothing. I get messages stating there was a problem when installation, your hardware may new work properly. I also think all the drivers I find are win64, and I thing I might need win32. I have come across messages stating "cannot open not compatible with win 64" something along those lines. I think I may just have to throw this thing out the window. Any other suggestions will be wonderful. Thanks though to all who have tried with suggestions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users