Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need opinions on new motherboard

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 supawiz6991

supawiz6991

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:43 PM

Hi all,

Im in the process of building a computer from scratch. I have been doing some shopping around for motherboards and i think ive found the one i want but i wanted to see what everyones opinion is on this motherboard.

BIOSTAR TH55B HD LGA 1156 Intel H55 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

I will be using this computer for different things.

some gaming
some video/ audio editing

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:45 PM

Hmmm, micro ATX I was looking at an Asus motherboard with that form facter recently.

If your looking for a rating, I'll say a 7 out of 10 for this motherboard.

16 Gb of memory supported= Fantasic

Integrated HDMI/DVI interface with HDCP Supporting all HD formats including720P,1080i, 1080P. ( Required processors with Intel HD Graphics)= This I like!

Motherboard support:

Parts 3 years limited
Labor 2 years limited

Not bad support, but I do question the limited part.

For the price plus no shipping and handling fees, I'd say it's worth the price. :thumbsup:
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:01 PM

I would go for a Full ATX Case and a Full ATX Motherboard you usually get more options and less integration.

#4 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 27 March 2010 - 01:24 AM

I would at least go for a full ATX motherboard as they are more spread out and have more options, assuming, of course, your case can hold an ATX motherboard. That's a reasonable budget Intel board. If this is going to be used as a standard home PC, it will offer a good experience.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users