Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

pc madden 2005 and 2006 halt during installation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jbkilroy

jbkilroy

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 15 September 2005 - 05:20 PM

Well, my nephews tried to install Madden 2005 on their computer recently, but it wouldn't install properly. We all figured this was due to the sup-par condition of the CDs, which tends to happen to every CD that they own (scratch city) However, they just recently got 2006, which also will not install.
I did manage to install 2006 on my computer, and noticed something odd. When installation is about to begin, on my computer a message pops up asking if I want to install EA Sports Online, on theirs- no message. More curious is that the point where the installation stalls out for them is the exact spot where on mine it asks for the 2nd CD.
Their computer uses windows xp, but other than that I know very little about it. My hope is that someone will recognize these symptoms without having to get into technical details (which have always been my weak point).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 conk

conk

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 15 September 2005 - 06:16 PM

are they on a router do you know if so it may be port forwarding or is the game been allowed to access the internet check their firewall and add it to the exceptions i had a similiar problem and all i had to do was control panel > windows firewall > exceptions and click the program that i wanted to allow access to the internet it worked for me maybe it will here too.
If the universe is ever expanding, what are we expanding into?

#3 jbkilroy

jbkilroy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 15 September 2005 - 07:49 PM

To my knowledge they do not have a firewall, so I don't think that would be it. I will check anyway, but I think the problem lies elsewhere.
Out of curiousity, I wonder how port forwarding would cause a cd change message to not show up... if true, it sounds like very lazy coding to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users