Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Backdoor.Tidserv!inf

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dave M.D.

Dave M.D.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:56 AM

Just thought I would share info that got rid of (Backdoor.Tidserv!inf).
I used a lot of helpful info and programs I was directed to from this site and all worked to a certain degree, (Removed a portion of bug). But (Backdoor.Tidserv!inf) stubbornly remained and hides very well. Info I found on the below site I stumbled on wiped it out quickly and had very easy to follow instructions.

http://www.myantispyware.com/2008/11/05/ho...#comment-316189

Hope it works for you too!... Good Luck! And thanks for all the tips and info..........................{Dave}

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:03 AM

FWIW: I really don't believe that many users are capable of self-removal of some malware items from their systems. IMO, users focus on malware as if there is only 1 offending item involved, when there are often multiple offenders on the system. I also believe that too many users think that one "magic bullet" suffices to ensure that the system malware problems are gone.

The intent of the OP to post feedback on what worked in his situation...is commendable. Positive feedback is always potentially useful to some one of us out here who have to deal with the daily threats posed by malware.

But I don't believe that such a "cure" for his situation...should be posted in the XP forum, a forum that is not dedicated to dealing with malware situations and does not (willingly) contend with such with any degree of expertise or definitive knowledge required (IMO).

Sooo...my advice to anyone who has a serious malware problem, as opposed to O/S or hardware or software issues...is to take advantage of the personnel who daily provide support, guidance, and knowledgeable suggestions in the two following BC forums:

BleepingComputer.com - Am I infected What do I do - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

BleepingComputer.com - Virus, Trojan, Spyware, & Malware Removal - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

Just my opinion.

Louis

#3 Dave M.D.

Dave M.D.
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:58 PM

Louis:
I agree with there is no one size fits all solution and there are usually several issues at a time. (That was my case) I guess I should have said this worked for me.
I started out with xp antivirus 2010 and was able to get rid of everything but the (Backdoor.Tidserv!inf) with the info I got from Bleepingcomputer.com
Even in the forums I read at the site I suggested in my original post some people reported this didn't work for them so I guess I just got lucky. Sorry if I didn't get this originally posted in the correct spot. I am new to all this so I appreciate the feedback.
Take Care!.................{Dave}

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,302 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2010 - 01:09 PM

I appreciate your comments...I just didn't want users to get erroneous ideas which they don't already have.

We see a lot of.."this worked for X in a post I saw" and, as you pointed out, what works for one may not work for another.

The important (IMO) thing I wanted to emphasize is that we have a number of very good forums that do deal with malware issues...that users should turn to when dealing with malware...rather than posting malware issues in the XP forum.

Users will get to the right place eventually...but the delays which occur can be avoided by going straight to the appropriate forum.

Again, thanks :thumbsup:.

Louis

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:09 PM

Just a heads up that we have our own TDSS removal guide here:

How to remove the TDSS, TDL3, or Alureon rootkit using TDSSKiller

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,302 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:21 PM

...and I'll add this link to BC's Virus, Spyware, and Malware Removal Guides, http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/, as another resource which can be used in malware situations.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users