Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HijackThis won't let me create a log for you guys.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 MsRin

MsRin

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:57 AM

Hi there :)

I have just got a new laptop it is only about a week old and i think its got some adware or malware maybe... The problem being... I use Firefox as a browser, but whilst i am browsing, Internet Explorer keeps opening with random websites i've never been to before. For example:- weight-watchers, dating sites, flight deals etc, etc...

I tried HijackThis but it wont save a log. This is what it says:-

''For some reason your system denied write access to the HOSTS file. If any hijacked domains are in this file, HijackThis may NOT be able to fix this.

If that happens you need to edit the file yourself. To do this, click start, run and then type:

C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts and press enter. Find the line(s) HijackThis reports and delete them. Save the file as 'hosts' (with quotes), and reboot.''

So basically i don't know how to save you guys a log if you ask for one.

Anyway, hope someone can help with my problem. :)

Edited by Orange Blossom, 25 March 2010 - 10:52 PM.
Move to AII as no logs posted. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users