Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Power Surge - Slow Video

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 adventureluck

adventureluck

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:36 AM

Hello, I'm new to the forums. There was a power surge and the power supply, case fan, and hard drive didn't work. I replaced them and now the computer turns on and runs fine. When I view youtube video however it is smooth for about 15 seconds then slowly moves into choppy and then into 1fps in about the next 30 seconds. I'm thinking it's either motherboard or cpu or both. I put in new memory. It's dell 2350. Everything except for the motherboard and cpu is new. So what do you think? I was also looking at diagnostic cards and I can't tell which one is good or not. They all seem to have crummy reviews. I mean if this happens again to me or a friend I'd like to be able to tell if the motherboard, memory, cpu, video card, etc. - like which one is the problem without having to buy all new parts! Pain the wallet y'know? Any help would be appreciated. Thankyou. I'm guessing motherboard cause people tell me cpu doesn't go bad as much as the motherboard does. - Oh and any software I could run to test the cpu and motherboard? oh and also, drivers are installed from dell.com/support via service code for all devices and working correctly for all devices.

Edited by adventureluck, 25 March 2010 - 12:39 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,378 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 25 March 2010 - 01:05 AM

:thumbsup: To BC.com adventureluck!

It is my hope that you will get the answers you need from this forum.

I have not ever used diagnostic cards in my electronics trade so I can not advise you on that topic.

Do you seem to have any problems playing video games on this system?

Try using the directx analysis tool to see if you have a video related problem.

If everything there checks out OK, you may have a ethernet card problem because your speaking here of viewing streaming video from youtube.

See how your frame rates are while playing a graphics intensive video game from a disk or your harddrive.

Or try using 3dmark06 available from this link http://majorgeeks.com/3DMark06_d4935.html

Good luck and please post back your results.

Edited by MrBruce1959, 25 March 2010 - 01:08 AM.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 45 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users