Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows home prem vista

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 9gan9esh9

9gan9esh9

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:42 PM

:huh:

I have a toshiba and lenovo laptop ( both were purchased in may 15/09). Need help with the following issues. Any help is truly appreciated.

1. On both laptops the message displayed is ( this is going on for more than 7 months. Error message started around August 09) : Code 80070424 Windows Update encountered an unknown error. Windows could not search for new updates. ........................................................................................................................................................................... 2. For both this laptop they did not send me the recovery disc in case the operating system crashes. Spoke to customer service of both companies, they do not want to help.
................................................................................................................................................................................
3.Lenovo laptop Wind. Media Player crashed, (stil have warranty till May 2010).Customer said software is not the part of warranty
................................................................................................................................................................................
4. On lenovo laptop the hard drive is 320gb, do not have too many prog. installed, the space it shows is 188 gb.
On Toshiba the hard drive is 250gb, do not have too many prog. installed, the space it shows is 98gb.

My computer knowledge is basic. I want to thank in advance to who ever helps me with this matter. :huh:

Moved from XP Forum.

Edited by Budapest, 24 March 2010 - 08:54 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users