Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to reach Logon screen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TRST

TRST

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:36 PM

Hello and Thank you so much for reading my problem.

I am unable to login to my desktop computer. When the computer is turned on the boot screen shows and the green bar shows that says Microsoft. When it is time for the logon screen where I would choose a user it remains blank and I can see the cursor as well as move it but nothing happens.
I have tried numerous things after searching for the problem online and none have worked. The computer sounds fine and is running but nothing happens. I can't boot using any version of safe mode or normal mode. I can get into the Recovery(I think is what it is called area), where you can choose to repair recover etc. Restore points keep giving me an error saying there is not enough memory but I know already there is and none of the restore points work. Wish I was smarter at fixing this.

Thank you so much for any help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:47 PM

Does it work in Safe mode? Hit F8 just after the post.

#3 TRST

TRST
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:05 PM

No it does not work in Safe mode, it does the same thing. I have tried to go into safe mode a few times but each time is the same. No matter how long I let the black screen sit it does nothing except once it will show the loading circle on the cursor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users