Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antimalware Doctor and XP Antimalware Infected!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JAWS95678

JAWS95678

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:07 PM

I noticed I had a problem on my friends XP Pro SP3 PC today. Saw that he had been infected with a "tray icon" virus/malware/spyware....whatever. Right when I logged onto his PC, I noticed XP Antimalware right away so of course I came here to figure out how to remove it. I found the topic and started to follow the guide and realized that not only did I have the XP Antimalware virus, I also had Antimalware Doctor as well. How do I go about removing these viruses? Thanx in advance!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:16 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...irus-vista-2010

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...imalware-doctor

Louis

#3 JAWS95678

JAWS95678
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:01 PM

@hamluis: I've looked at both of these tutorials already. Those tutorials are based on you having one of those viruses. I have both of them running simultaneously. I can install Malwarebytes successfully but than the virus deletes the mbam.exe file so I can't scan. Any help would be much appreciated.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 AM

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:28 PM

Hi -
This topic direct from Malwarebytes is their version of the Antimalware infection and how they say to remove it - Make sure you load Malwarebytes to Desktop only and then follow the instructions - With both those infections and maybe more you may need to post in Malware Removal area - HERE
Thanks - :thumbsup:

Edited by noknojon, 25 March 2010 - 05:35 AM.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:38 AM

As suggested...it would now be best if you initiate a post outside of the XP forum...at our Malware Removal forum.

See (and follow guidance provided) at Preparation Guide - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/.

Thank you :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users