Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

avast! free antivirus problem with shields

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ricksterhd

ricksterhd

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 PM

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:46 PM

hello, first post. My problem is I recently installed avast! free antivirus after hearing very good things. My problem is to be able the search the internet I have to disable shields. If I leave them on I get a connection error. I turn off shields I can connect. What setting do I need to change to be able to leave avast shields on and still go on IE on firefox. thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 PM

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:19 PM

This may happen if your firewall is blocking the avast! web shield to connect to the internet. Check your firewall settings and allow the web shield (aswWebSv.exe) to access the internet.

Which firewall are you using ?

#3 danjmilos

danjmilos

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:32 PM

It may be an incomplete uninstall of your previous anti-virus that is causing the connection problem, in which case you will need to run a removal tool to get avast working right. Do a search for your AV ( Norton, Macafee or whatever ) removal, download there removal tool and run it and see if that helps with your connection difficulties.

Dan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users