Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Deleting offline content

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cyclernyc

cyclernyc

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:26 PM

Windows XP Home SP3 on a Dell PC IE7

I'm not sure if this is the right place but I remember being able to delete offline content by checking a box when I also deleted online content but I don't see it anywhere!

When I Click Start > click Control Panel and then double-click Internet Options on the General tab there is the Delete Files under Temporary Internet Files but there is no Delete Files dialog box to select the Delete all offline content.

What am I not seeing? I know that it was there before but I don't know how to access it!

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sashacat

Sashacat

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 24 March 2010 - 04:26 PM

Hello :thumbsup:

Here's an article that addresses IE6, IE7 and IE8:
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm

This article applies to IE5 and IE6:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/260897
If we don't change the direction we are going,
We are likely to end up where we are headed.

#3 cyclernyc

cyclernyc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 25 March 2010 - 01:47 PM

Thanks but I saw all of the articles. They all say that there is supposed to be a Delete Files dialog box to select the Delete all offline content but I just see the option to Delete Files which is only the online files.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users