Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Do I need Norton?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Chas Brunson

Chas Brunson

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:50 AM

I have Norton, Spyware, and AdAware running on my computer. Do I still need Norton or is the spyware and adaware enough? Also how often do I need to update?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 24 March 2010 - 12:02 PM

Norton provides both anti-virus and anti-spyware so running Spyware and AdAware is pretty useless. Norton products can update themselves periodically when needed so you do not have to worry about it.

On the other hand, if you remove Norton then you will have no anti-virus product. In that case you will need to install an anti-virus product like AntiVir or avast!. Norton Security Suite also comes with firewall. So it is better that you keep only Norton Security Suite running and remove all others.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users