Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AOL won't let me use my old account name.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 faithchurch

faithchurch

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 AM

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:38 AM

I was recently offered the option to upgrade my AOL software to 9.1 The invitation was insistent and despite my better judgment I did it. During the upgrade from an earlier French installation to an English 9.1 I was forced to select an account name, despite already having one. I was not allowed to select my own username as it was ... taken!! Now the only way I can get at my mail is by using Incredimail.

AOL offers me the option to login as my new name or as guest. I cannot find anywhere to change my login account name. I cannot find any way to contact AOL that doesn't line their pockets at my expense; likewise for SFR who provide the neufbox for my AOL connection.

There must be some way to do it. How do cybercafés do it?

Can anybody tell me if there might be other problems to watch out for from this 'update'?

Any hints or suggestions will be gratefully received.

faithchurch

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users