Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

bleeping newbie w/a bleeping computer too!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 danjams

danjams

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:20 AM

Hi, everyone. Greetings to all who know infinitely more about computers than myself (everyone)! These things really do drive me crazy!!! But nevertheless, I guess I'm hooked anyway. I never even used a computer before Jan. '09, and it shows it, but I want to learn, and I hope to learn from some of you smart people out there who are willing to share with a dummy like me. I'm not even sure if this post will get posted, but if it does, I hope to gather some wisdom from you all. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:23 AM

I definitely see your post :flowers: Thanks for sying hello!

Hello danjams and :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.

Please take a few moments to browse the New User Orientation forum, to help familiarize yourself with how the forum works.

Also, don't forget to check out the Tutorials.
There is a lot of very useful information there.

You did come to the right place to learn. Bleeping Computer is specifically for people who are new to using a computer. Feel free to ask anything. We are here to help.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#3 Darthy

Darthy

The red side of the Force

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 24 March 2010 - 02:18 PM

Hi and :thumbsup: to BC.
Εν οίδα οτι ουδέν οίδα - Socrates
Thanks John

#4 danjams

danjams
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:12 PM

I definitely see your post :flowers: Thanks for sying hello!

Hello danjams and :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.

Please take a few moments to browse the New User Orientation forum, to help familiarize yourself with how the forum works.

Also, don't forget to check out the Tutorials.
There is a lot of very useful information there.

You did come to the right place to learn. Bleeping Computer is specifically for people who are new to using a computer. Feel free to ask anything. We are here to help.

Hi, Pandy, thanks for the welcome. I haven't been to the New User Orientation yet, so don't know if I'm doing this right (I know, I'm a bad boy & a knucklehead for trying things before I read the directions...... I do intend to though). Anyway, thanks again. What brought me to this site is I did a Google search on how to remove the Antivirus Soft virus on another pc, & this was one of the links. Am still doing homework to try to fix it w/o ruining my laptop, which I understand is fairly easy to do if you don't know what you're doing.

I will check out your links posthaste, though. And thanks again.

#5 danjams

danjams
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:26 PM

Hi and :thumbsup: to BC.

Hi, Darthy, & thanks for the welcome. Hhhmmmmmm............ the red side of the force... sounds like that needs some checking into. You might say it all sounds Greek to me. Which I did (and still do for that matter) want to learn, but never got around to it... If I knew how to do it, I could draw a circle with the letters TUIT in it, & then I could say here's a round tuit.... OK, I know that's 17 gazillion years old... sorry.

Anyway, thanks for the kindness. Even if you are of the red side of the force!

ps: I don't know if anybody said this, but I put it similar to what you quoted Socrates: the more that I learn & the more that I know, the more that I know that I REALLY don't know anything. At all. Oh, well, such is the way of life.

Edited by danjams, 25 March 2010 - 08:07 PM.

#6 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:28 AM

Welcome to BC!
You have come to the right place to learn about computing, and to get help with a particular problem.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#7 danjams

danjams
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:21 PM

Welcome to BC!
You have come to the right place to learn about computing, and to get help with a particular problem.
Regards,
John

Hi, John gee (hope you don't mind that), thanks a lot for the welcome. And yes, in the few days since I joined, I have learned quite a bit, and hope to keep on. Sometimes (probably more like most of the time) it's way more than this feeble ole' mind o' mine can handle! When you get rid of all the fluff, it all boils down to this for me: I really only need 2 things - unlimited time and unlimited space (I'm a severe, chronic packrat) - then I could learn what needs to be learned and organize what needs to be organized!!! Simple, huh?

Anyway, thanks again, and take care.

#8 danjams

danjams
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2010 - 04:00 AM

Hello to Pandy, Darthy, and jgweed:

If you see this, and anyone else fyi; I followed the instructions on this site on removing the Antivirus Soft virus..... and I am happy :thumbsup:. happy :flowers:,
happy :trumpet: , and relieved :inlove: , to tell all that everything worked just as you said it would, the virus has been removed, and I am now using that selfsame laptop the infection was on --- to my great delight!!!!!!!! Thank y'all (yeah, I'm from the south) for having a site as quality as this one for the benefit of dummies like me!

Edited by danjams, 30 March 2010 - 04:03 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users