Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

icon on taskbar

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Murrar

Murrar

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 24 March 2010 - 06:55 AM

I have Windows XP on my computer. I have a dictionary icon on my desktop. But I canít seem to drag that icon to the left side of my taskbar. When I drag it down it springs back up. How could i put it on my taskbar? Thank you very much. murrar.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sashacat

Sashacat

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:24 AM

Hello :thumbsup:

Right click on a blank area of the desktop.
Select "Arrange Icons By".
Do you have a check mark next to "Auto Arrange" ?
A check mark next to "Auto Arrange" will cause an icon that is dragged to spring back to where it was when trying to move it from one place to another on the desktop, but it should have no bearing on adding an icon to the Quick Launch bar.

Now, regarding trying to drag it to the taskbar...
do you mean that you are trying to add that icon to the Quick Launch bar ?
When you drag it to the Quick Launch bar, you left click on the icon, continue to hold onto the left click, and drag it.
As you hover over the Quick Launch bar, do you see an I bar cursor (shaped like the capital letter I) in that spot on the Quick Launch bar where you intend to drop it ?
Are you letting go of the left click of the mouse when you see the I bar cursor ?

I don't think a locked taskbar will cause that.
I just tried dragging an icon to my Quick Launch bar, and was successful in dragging/dropping it onto the Quick Launch bar.
I tried it with/without a check mark next to "Auto Arrange", and with the taskbar locked/unlocked.
I am unable to recreate your issue.

See if this article helps (has screen shots):
How do I add an application to the Windows Quick Launch Bar?
http://www.askdavetaylor.com/how_do_i_add_...launch_bar.html
If we don't change the direction we are going,
We are likely to end up where we are headed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users