Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Opera 10.51 Internet Add-Ons?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Epix Scene

Epix Scene

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 24 March 2010 - 06:12 AM

Like In Firefox It Has WOt and Noscript.
Does Opera 10.51 Have Any Of Those?
Also , This Is Off Topic but , If YOu Had To Choose , Which
Protection Would You Use:
Comodo Internet Security 4
Malwarebytes
SUPERAntiSpyware
(Should I even Get Threatfire With Comodo?)
or

Avira Antivir
Malwarebytes
SUPERAntiSPyware
ThreatFire

Thanks ! :thumbsup:
Fire Wall: Comodo Firewall
Anti-virus: Avast! 5.0 Free Anti-virus
Web Browser: Fire-Fox w/ WOT,Ab-plus,TACO 3.0
On Demand Scanner: MalwareBytes AntiMalware,Hit-Man Pro 3.5
"i prevent the malware, the other stuff are just my sidekicks" -Epix Scene

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,568 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:48 PM

Opera does not need a NoScript as an addon because it's built in :thumbsup: I do not know what WOT is.
You can enable/disable using Tools > Quick Preferences, but that's a global change, not safe IMO.
A better method is on a per-site basis: When you're on a site, do Tools > Quick Preferences > Edit site preferences.
So you can/should uncheck JavaScript globally, and then permit the sites that must have it enabled.
The best of both worlds.

If you click Tools > Preferences, there are many settings to see and use, so check'm out. You may be pleasantly surprised how much Opera offers.

As far as your security choices, find a firewall and a great antivirus, the best you can find, such as free Avast! or free Avira, they'll take care of spyware, but if you insist, SuperAntiSpyware is good.
Update the ActiveX list (for IE, Firefox) with SpywareBlaster and I don't think you need much more than that.
In case you wonder, Opera does not need ActiveX protection because it's not using it at all.
To pick a firewall, search here through the pinned topics, for instance
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/405/antivirus-antimalware-and-antispyware-resources/

Edited by tos226, 01 April 2010 - 10:53 PM.

#3 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2010 - 08:46 AM

I have used all of the security programs you have listed.
Definitely use MBAM and Super. Threatfire is a resource hog.
Between Comodo and Avira, its really up to you, CIS 4 greatly improved their Antivirus engine so now it competes with others such as avast and Avira, but again, its up to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users