Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:25 PM
My computer has recently (since last week) started freezing after 10-15min of being active. I noticed it when playing games, everything would start fine but then the sound would loop (i.e. the last .01 seconds of sound would infinitely loop). At this point I can ctrl+alt+del but then it freezes, and I have to do a hard restart.
Sometimes it will freeze within 10 minutes, sometimes after 15-20
I doubt its a hardware error as my computer is only 2 years old and has never had any problems. that being said if this post needs to be moved or should be put somewhere else, please tell me.
XP pro sp3
intel core2duo e8400, 2000mhz (6x 333)
ASUS P5N72-T Premium
chipset: nvidia nforce 780i SLI
NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800GT
Creative AudigySE Sound blaster
HD - Western Digital WDC WD3200AAKS-00B3A (298 GB)
BIOS: ASUS P5N72-T PREMIUM ACPI BIOS Revision 0401 (phoenix bios)
4gb of ram
anything else is irrelevant I think, but ill post it if asked for.
Here's what I've done so far:
- memtest86 7 passes, no errors
- reinstalled gfx card, sound card, and network card drivers
- cleaned out 2 years worth of dust with compressed air cans
- used system restore
- checked the event log, there are some errors but I have no idea what they mean:
1) Hanging application firefox.exe, version 22.214.171.12485, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.
2) Hanging application mmc.exe, version 5.2.3790.4136, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.
3) The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( JavaQuickStarterService ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Unable to open C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\jqs.conf: No such file or directory
4) Hanging application iexplore.exe, version 6.0.2900.5512, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.
5) Faulting application wlcomm.exe, version 14.0.8098.930, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0xa0000299.
6) The Java Quick Starter service terminated with service-specific error 1 (0x1).
7) Windows cannot unload your classes registry file - it is still in use by other applications or services. The file will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.
I've run a stress test with Everest Corporate edition and all the voltage values/temperatures seem ok.
any and all help/ideas would be much appreciated.