Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

This virus is blocking combofix download

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dolman

dolman

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 PM

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:10 PM

HI, I have a really BAD virus. I went to PChelp where I have been more active and DDS does not show a problem. Pancake, the security expert, has asked me to download combofix. I can't do it.
I tried:
direct download. got fragments, but no log and no exe program.
download to CDROM. windows showed the file in CD burning - file deleted when I opened the folder.

Going to microsoft - can't access any security stuff. Navigates away from the page when I try to open it.
My avenquest Fix-it has been disabled and access to the site is blocked.
The utilities I had from Pareto logic have been uninstalled and the folder is empty - not that they would have helped.

I have downloaded combofix to my wife's computer and as soon as I get a compatible disk I will burn it. Will this work??

I recently bought the gom media player and I think this is the source.
I have my comodo firewall cranked up to paranoid, and during my last failed download try programs with the gom logo were called. I also cannot now contact gom labs by any method on their site.

I am sure your experts are as swamped as those on PChelp, but I would appreciate any suggestions on getting combofix or something else.

Edit: Moved topic from AntiVirus, Firewall and Privacy Products and Protection Methods to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users