Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sitemap question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 23 March 2010 - 05:45 PM

Hi,
I have a question regarding a sitemap submitted to Google.

I add 2-3 pages daily to my website. Does it mean that I have to re-submit the updated sitemap daily through Google Webmaster tools?

Thank you :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 PM

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:19 PM

Assuming that your sitemap is properly located in your site directory structure and it's in a format that Google accepts, Google will automatically download the sitemap file from your site. All you must do is keep that file up to date.

#3 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:09 PM

Thank you Andrew for clearing it up. I was confused with the Re-submit Sitemap buttons on the Google Webmasters Tools page.

#4 IKnowSEO

IKnowSEO

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 AM

Posted 29 March 2010 - 10:25 AM

If I may add to this.

If you add content to your website daily you won't EVER need to worry about Google or any of the search engines finding your website frequently enough to spider your new content.

One other bit of advice. Don't waste your time submitting your URL to Google. It takes around 8 weeks if you are lucky before they spider gets to your site. there are two ways to get the spider to your site a helluva lot faster.

1. Write an article that is topically related to the content of your website and submit it to ezinearticles.com

2. Find several topic realted blogs and post your article there as well.

IMPORTANT!!! Put links in the text of the article pointing back to a page in your website. Two is enough. I usually have one link pointing to my Home page and the other pointing to a category or product page.

Lastly, put the link to your site map on every page in your website. Another tip is on every page in your website use that pages main topic keywords to link back to your home page using the full URL.

Example:

Page meta title: How to get rid of mice in the home

page headline <h1> 3 things you can do to find and eliminate mice and rodents in the home </h1>

Body text Body text Body text Body textBody text Body textBody text Body textBody text Body textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody textBody text

Footer section

Copyright 2010 | how to build a better mousetrap

Edited by IKnowSEO, 29 March 2010 - 10:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users