Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

pci simple controller

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jonty

jonty

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 PM

Posted 15 September 2005 - 08:22 AM

After formatting a hard disk and reinstalling win2000 i am unable to get any sound.When i go into device manager it shows a yellow comma before pci simple controller.
This is a friends old computer and the only details i can give is it is a 993as-l/993as/993an mainboard
thanks in anticipation Jonty

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 AM

Posted 15 September 2005 - 12:06 PM

Hello jonty and welcome to BC.

Normally after installing an operating system the next thing you will need to do is to load the drivers for the motherboard to make everything fully functional. You can find the Drivers and the Manual for that motherboard at this site. I always like to save them or burn them to a CD for later use with a particular computer.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users