Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected with Vista Defender + Antimalware Doctor

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sieto

sieto

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 23 March 2010 - 02:35 PM

Not sure if this is relevant or not, but I am unable to download programs using internet explorer and firefox. This all came about a few days ago. Now today, it is pop-up galore trying to get me to purchase antimalware doctor and register vista defender. I found google chrome is the only one that will allow me to download programs so im using that currently.

Also, vista defender will not allow me to change my firewall settings or even view them, when I click on firewall in control panel, it pops up this vista defender program. I ran dds twice, but it will not output the logs for me to save. I have attached the other file, per the preperation guide.

Attached Files

• Attached File  Ark.log   4.83KB   4 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ried

Ried

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,009 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:12 AM

Hello sieto,

If you still require assistance, see if you can boot into Safe Mode and run dds.scr and get the log to produce. Post that here please.

Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security 2010, 2011, 2012

"It is one life whether we spend it laughing or weeping." "Take the time to laugh--it is the music of the soul."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users