Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

custom painting your computer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 angL

angL

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:24 AM

Hey, im new to the forum and this is my first post! (hi there)

anyway, over the summer I am wanting to paint my computer. I want to paint certain parts certain colors, etc. and thats not hard. What is though, is that i want to outline the keys in black, but have the top of the key the color it came in. i, however, dont know how i would be able to paint with this much detail.

i dont know for 100% sure if this is the right place to post, but nothing better comes to mind, on this forum at least. I have posted in a couple places but no one has given me an answer. i hope someone can help me here! thanks for any information you can give me, even if its not the answer i'm looking for I'm glad to hear it

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:11 AM

Do I understand you correctly? You want to outline the keys on your keyboard? I would think that the paint would wear off rather quickly and the bits and pieces of it would soon gum up the operation of your keyboard.

But if you are determined to do it, how about using a Sharpie?

#3 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 24 March 2010 - 01:43 AM

Painting a CPU chassis, the tower, is simple enough with the correct paints. Some people even go so far as to paint it with automotive paints. A keyboard is tricky, you need to protect the lettering, while at the same time, keeping the paint from getting in between the keys. A keyboard is plastic that probably has a coating on it to resist wearing off very easily.

3939.png

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:28 AM

as far as the chassis, I did that to an old case I had, just used cheap wal-mart spray paint and a sealant i g ot from there as well. after 2-3 years its needing a bit touch up but not to much. as for designs on the case, stencils/scotch tape. as for the keys on the keyboard, if its a standard keyboard, just pop the keys out and use scotch tape to cover up the areas you dont want painted.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users