Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ipad and ipod

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Murrar

Murrar

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:53 PM

I am not too bright technology-wise. Can anyone explain to me in plain English what an iPad is? And what is an iPod? Thank you very much. Murrar

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bassplayer15

Bassplayer15

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:12 PM

Ipod - Simple MP3 player, comes in many variants. In other words it is a device you can load music, videos, pictures, etc. on to and listen/view them later. Comes in many different styles and prices. Such as the Ipod classic which is $250 is can hold up to 160GB of data; however if your into a cheaper model and don't need that much storage then they have ones such as the Ipod Nano and Ipod shuffle. As to which one you need i would browse the Apple website and choose for yourself.

iPad - My opinion on this one might be a little biased, but here i go. The iPad is a touchscreen device that can run numerous "Apps" found on the itune's store. It can browse the internet, send emails, and play music. However in my opinion the iPad is a waste of money (right now at least) it is just big enough that you can't carry it in your pocket, and unless you have a purse you have to carry it in something like a laptop case. Personally if the iPad appeals to you i would get the iPod Touch or iPhone. (No offense, but I'm assuming you are unaware of what those are also. And i will attempt to explain them below)

iPod Touch - Its a touch screen variant of the Ipod, with the added features of "Apps" and web browsing. Still plays music, video, displays pictures, etc.

iPhone - Everything the iPod Touch is, however it can make phone calls and works with a 3G network from a phone company.

I hope this clears things up for you, and if anything is unclear just say so and I will try my best to explain.
Grace is given freely, but respect must be earned.

#3 aliahlewis

aliahlewis

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 31 March 2010 - 05:30 AM

An iPod is a portable device for storing and playing audio files encoded by MP3 or AAC compression algorithms. Designed by Apple Computer, iPods have distinctive styling and can hold anywhere from a few hundred to ten thousand songs. An iPod can be connected to a computer with either a FireWire or USB port, with many of the latest versions depending upon USB 2.0. iPods have a reputation for being user-friendly. Users navigate with what Apple calls a "touch wheel," a centrally-placed circular disk designed for one-hand operation. Popular iPod features include a calendar, address book, to-do list, alarm clock with sleep timer, games and text reader. A large variety of peripherals exist for the iPod beyond its iconic white ear buds, including modules that allow songs to be broadcast on radio frequencies, docks for digital cameras, digital voice recorders and docking stations that are integrated with stereo systems, powered speakers or even automobile entertainment systems.

iPad is half inches thin with 1.5 pounds weight and 9.7 inch IPS display. Its exactly in between a laptop and a multimedia digital mobile phone device or precisely to say in between an iPhone and an Apple MAC Laptop. You can browse the internet, manage and store your photos, watch movies, listen songs, access iTunes, download apps and games, play games, browse websites, watch YouTube videos and lot more. The best thing about iPad is that you can do these all things and more better then you do these at any Laptop or mobile phone. Because its not smaller like a mobile phone and not bigger like a laptop. But its in between these two yet still thin and light weighed. Safari, internet, mail, photos, videos, youtube, iTunes, AppStore, iBooks, maps, notes, calendar, contacts, search and lots more are the key features of an iPad. Its all in here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users