Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop doesn't power up

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 njd.7983

njd.7983

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 AM

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:28 PM

Hello,

My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite A45 S150. When I plug it to the power outlet, the corresponding green light glows, the battery light is orange, rest don't glow atall. The computer doesn't respond to the power button. Basically doesn't boot. No noise of any kind, nothing from the fan. Its like dead. What could be the problem? Can I fix it myself? Oh and I thought I should add, its almost 6 years old, should I bother with the repair?

Thanks
Nid

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 AM

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:04 AM

Check this link out, it is for the Toshiba A45 S150 laptop.

This page has everything you can imagine for your laptop, including a service manual and owners manual which will make trouble shooting this device easy for you and cheap as well as there's no

cost for labor, just your knowledge and time.

Plus all the drivers are included on this and the alternate pages as well!

Here is the link.

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su...mily=1073768663

Good luck and hope you solve your problem, it is most likely a faulty power switch.

Please post back any ferther questions or let us know if your problem is solved.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 njd.7983

njd.7983
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 AM

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:51 PM

Hi,

Nothing from the link you asked me to refer will work. The battery light is orange and power light is green. Still doesn't respond to power button or F12 or arrow keys. Even tried Ctrl+Alt+Del.

N

#4 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 AM

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:00 PM

Faulty power switch is my guess, as well.
Otherwise, you should have heard a beep(s), when you tried to power it on and we would be able to guide you accordingly.
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users