Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rescue CD

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jhitt81

jhitt81

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:02 PM

So i'm trying to make a rescue disk to take over to friends house to help them clean the malware and such off of there computers and was wondering what you guys thought should be on it. Right now i have Malwarebytes, the 4 versions of Rkill, Avast(so they can have an Anti-virus when i'm done, and a Rootkit program(F-secure). What do you guys think i should add?

{Moved to more appropriate forum~~boopme}

Edited by boopme, 22 March 2010 - 10:15 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:12 PM

You can download McAfee Superdat file which contains complete up-to-date virus definitions and the command line scanner. You can use this in conjuction with Bart's McAfee scan GUI wrapper. This would enable you to scan for viruses and trojans and other things without installing any antivirus. You can run it right from the rescue disk.

McAfee Superdat : http://download.nai.com/products/licensed/...el/sdat5929.exe
ScanGUI : http://www.mediafire.com/file/zitnxhm2zzm/scangui.exe

Put both files in same folder. Extract contents of Superdat with command line sdat5929 /e

Edited by Romeo29, 23 March 2010 - 06:15 PM.

#3 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:25 PM

There's also the mobile version of SUPERAnti-Spyware which can be downloaded here (if the link doesn't work, its the first link here)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users