Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IPod Failure, Help please :)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 IPeter

IPeter

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 22 March 2010 - 04:02 PM

Hey guys, I noticed on my way to school that my Ipod (80GB Classic) had deleted all of the music on it. When i plugged it into my computer (Dell Inspiron 1525, Vista) it didn't appear in iTunes. I went into the memory of my IPod via My computer and found a .doc file named 'BOOTEX' which reads:

Checking file system on G:The type of the file system is FAT32. One of your disks needs to be checked for consistency.
Youmay cancel the disk check, but it is strongly recommendedthat you continue.Windows will now check the disk.
Volume Serial Number is 3141-5926
Unrecoverable error in folder \iPod_Control\iTunes.
Convert folder to file (Y/N)? Yes
Convert lost chains to files (Y/N)? Yes
163520 KB in 23 recovered files.
Windows has made corrections to the file system.
77915440 KB total disk space.
960 KB in 60 hidden files.
496 KB in 31 folders.
36570080 KB in 2672 files.
41343792 KB are available.
16384 bytes in each allocation unit.
4869715 total allocation units on disk.
2583987 allocation units available on disk.

Any help is appreciated

Edited by IPeter, 22 March 2010 - 04:03 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• BC Advisor
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 31 March 2010 - 01:07 PM

Sounds like it was plugged into your computer when it either was started or restarted. Have you tried to load back any music on it? If it works great. If not you may need to reload the software with Itunes by upgrading it to the newest version. Doing so will wipe out anything on the Ipod but it sounds like your there already......
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

#3 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 AM

Posted 31 March 2010 - 05:14 PM

Baltboy is right it was most likely disconnected improperly (they will even disconnect themselves improperly) and it corrupted the data on the iPod. Remember the 5 R's.....

Reset
Retry
Restart
Reinstall (iTunes)
Restore

Restoring is what you'll have to try (just be thankful its not the 160GB Classic) and always backup your music to your PC alot of people put songs on their iPod but never on their computer and when (not if) it crashes they lose all that isn't stored on their PC.

http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/five_rs/classic/

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users