Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

rebooting problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 timmytenspeed

timmytenspeed

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 14 September 2005 - 10:28 PM

I have a gateway solo and recently i have been having a great deal of trouble when i try to reboot. It started with a blue screen popping up and then tried to reboot. Sounds like the system starts to run then hangs. Contacted Gateway an was told to reseat mem and hard drive. I did so, but still haiving trouble. Any ideas if this is a virus or a computer problem such as hard drive, operating system, etc. I have run all of the spyware and updates i can think of and still having trouble. Please help if you can. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 AM

Posted 15 September 2005 - 11:23 AM

A blue screen problem should contain an error message together with some error codes which can help to identify the actual cause. Post any info from the blue screen if you can and someone will have a better idea what to advise.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 15 September 2005 - 04:16 PM

Need more information.

Have you used Event Viewer to look for clues?

Using Event Viewer to Safeguard Your Systems - http://www.windowsitpro.com/Article/Articl...41669.html?Ad=1. Click on the bar near the top and ignore the ads.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users