Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

upgrading my graphics card and power supply

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SoloX

SoloX

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:06 AM

ok so i wont say im a complete idiot but when it comes to upgrading my computer i still dont really know what im doing. i bought a new computer last year and it has an onboard graphics card and i was looking to upgrade it but the power supply i have i heard is also bleep i have a ASUS cm5570 - AP002, Window 7 64bit, 6gb ram (i think its DDR2), Penitum® Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz 2.60GHz Processor, 250 Wat PS (i think). http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/asus-esse...7-33699649.html (<<<--- that) I want to upgrade my graphics card and power supply to something half way decent but both under 200 dollars if i can. maybe 300 MAYBE. But i have no idea how to even look on what type of motherboard i have and what graphics card is better though. Same with the power supply. Can anyone help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blaze413

Blaze413

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2010 - 02:00 PM

i would use this...it is virus free and will tell u all u need to know about what parts u have in ure pc...even down to the model number!!

hope it helps! :thumbsup:

http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

#3 SoloX

SoloX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2010 - 04:09 PM

how can i tell what type of pci express card i need for my computer though or AGP

also im looking to be able to play high end games on my computer so please someone help thanks

Edited by SoloX, 22 March 2010 - 04:13 PM.

#4 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:53 PM

Here is a PSU. WHile it wouldn't be my first choice, I think it's a decent one for the price, powerful enough to do what you want and still leave some room in the budget for a decent PSU. This GPU comes in close to what you have left to spend.

Of course if you aren't in the US prices will be more. You won't be playing new games with the graphics maxed out at 1920X1080, but they'll look good.

#5 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2010 - 01:46 AM

In this image, the second from the top, and second from the bottom, are both PCI-Express X16 slots. In this image, AGP is the brown slot near the top. Most motherboards have one or the other. AGP slots are usually offset from the rest of the PCI expansion slots whereas the PCI-Express slots are only slightly offset. I can find little information on your PC online. Note that your CPU is also quite old and may bottleneck with some higher-end graphics cards.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users