Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Server 2003 not found on network

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 syc0f00tb4llguy

syc0f00tb4llguy

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 21 March 2010 - 06:21 PM

So here is my issue, here at the office I'm working at we have our main broadband connection connected to a router, then from there we have our Server 2003 computer and other computers hooked up to the router.
Everything was set-up and working correctly until we recently changed from Cable to DSL, which I may think is the problem.
The problem is that on all of the other computers on the network now, they do not have a connection to the server computer, furthermore, the server itself lost its internet connection.
So as I metioned before, I'm pretty sure the change from letting the router do the DHCP, to changing the settings to PPPoe caused this issue. Could be wrong though, haha.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 21 March 2010 - 06:34 PM

The router is incharge of your connection. It handles the PPPoE authentication. Maybe there are rules in the router still in place that existed when you had cable.

#3 syc0f00tb4llguy

syc0f00tb4llguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2010 - 07:00 PM

The router is incharge of your connection. It handles the PPPoE authentication. Maybe there are rules in the router still in place that existed when you had cable.

Such as what? I looked through every setting I could think of that may cause an issue. Just the fact that out of nowhere my other computers on the network cannot see the server computer, but yet all the other computers arouses a lot of suspicion.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2010 - 07:01 PM

Is this the same router used before on cable, as it is now being used on DSL?

I would reset the router to factory defaults and reset it all up.

#5 syc0f00tb4llguy

syc0f00tb4llguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2010 - 07:10 PM

Yeah it is... I'll try that and get back with the results. Thanks

#6 syc0f00tb4llguy

syc0f00tb4llguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2010 - 07:19 PM

No such luck. I reset the router to factory setting, entered the PPPoe information again and I still cannot see the computer running Server 2003 on the network.

#7 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2010 - 07:22 PM

Are all the IP addresses the same?

Can you ping them?

#8 syc0f00tb4llguy

syc0f00tb4llguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2010 - 07:35 PM

When trying to ping another computer on the network with the Server 2003 computer, it says that the host is unreachable. As far as pinging the Server 2003 computer from another computer on the network, it timesout

and no all the IP's are not the same, all of the computers are working off a DHCP table, except for the Server which has a manually set IP address

#9 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2010 - 08:16 PM

Can you do an ipconfig /all from 4 computers and the server and post the results here?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users