Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Canon i965 Problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Canon i965 owner

Canon i965 owner

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 14 September 2005 - 06:00 PM

Hi guys and gals!

I was having some major issues with my ... up until now ... fauless Canon i965.

1) It seriously clips the paper at the end of the picture when printing borderless prints, often fraying the paper edges and making an inky mess along the edges (2cm in).

2) The CD printing tray has given up the ghost - a mechanical issue I guess needing a repairman, but it takes the tray in, makes a grinding sound, then spits it out insisting the tray isn't loaded right, or not using printable labels. Had no issues with that before recently.

3) Most annoyingly, it prints really, really, really slowly. It used to print fast, but now it likes to sit and think about a print job for a while before it has a go at doing something about it, and then it slowly does one band at a time; gradually it will speed up to full speed, sometimes slowing down then speeds up again.

I have messed about ith spool settings and they make no odds; I even printed off a draft quality letter - boy did that take a long time ... it used to spit out draft letters really fast.

Conclusion - I had none of these issues up until recently. The printer is 18mths old.

Can anyone help a litle damsel in distress?

:thumbsup:

Thanks you all. :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2005 - 10:16 AM

Hello Canon i965 owner and welcome to BC.

Canon i965 Support can be found here, but it sounds to me like that printer just needs a serious cleaning.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 Canon i965 owner

Canon i965 owner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2005 - 08:01 PM

I've had the printer in-and-out of a repair centre too often, and it still prints slowly; now the repair folks are saying it could be my PC - and in the same breath saying they'll have another look at it!!!

The CD tray simply wont function correctly, and the printer has had very little use, and is only a little over 12mths old.

It is most annoying :thumbsup:

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2005 - 08:10 PM

The only thing that could possibly be computer related to the problems you describe is an excess of temp files clogging your virtual memory. Give Ccleaner a run and that will remove that possibility. Let us know what that finds in MB to delete. Don't do anything with the issues tab unless you have a specific registry issue you are trying to resolve.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users