Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google redirect very stubborn!!!!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Alexsi

Alexsi

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 21 March 2010 - 04:07 PM

Malwarebytes cannot find it ! AVG cannot get it Spybot s7D doest find it and other Fixes for common Spyware kills Do not fix it.

I shared my PC with someone downloading some programs They downloaded some .rar and the moment they opened it The program vanished and now my browsers are infected. It redirects web searches for Google The main link ( unless sits for removal tools or helpful forums) Redirects to various websites usually some shopping or fake search service. Google crome will not run. This also causes Internet explorer to redirect searches.

It is a stubborn bug.

The effect is basically like this

Name of website pulled up in google search ( valid website) ( will redirect if its for Malware removal or antivirus or browser hijacker fixes)
Text

Small blue underlined link ie About us Small blue underlined google link ( ordering information)

Its these links in the small blue letters the hijacker takes over this is a very persistent frustrating BUG I was going to do huge back up of my files but now i may have to wipe everything to make sure this thing is GONE.

I am not Tech Savy but I need help ridding myself of this thing!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users