Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Security Tool Infection Removal Problems

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 miboiler

miboiler

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 AM

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:29 PM

I am running XP with all of the updates, IE 7 with all of the updates. I have tried to run some Remove Security Tool and Security Tool (Uninstall Guide) and I am requesting some more helpas suggested at the last line in guide. Before I tried this tool, I ran the MS Scan and it recognizes 2 problems but does not fix them. I tried to go to system restore but there are no restore points to go to.

At this point I have followed instruction in Remove Security Tool and Security Tool (Uninstall Guide) and downloaded programs to usb flash. Per Guide I opened the window to see the desk top and tried to run rkill.com. The Dos box flashes on the screen but rkill does not appear to run. I get a msg that "Windows cannot access the specified devise, path or file. You may not appropriate permissions" I have never had any problems running anything from the desktop before. Any tricks to get this to run?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,526 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 21 March 2010 - 04:24 PM

Follow these directions: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...t&p=1682504

To avoid confusion I am closing this topic. Please keep all posts related to this issue in that forum, which is the proper one. Thank you.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users