Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

3com Router connection stuttering (wi-fi & cable)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 komemiute

komemiute

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 21 March 2010 - 01:02 PM

Hi everyone!

I have a small issue with my brand new router.

It's a 3com ADSL Wireless 108Mbps 11g Firewall router Model 3CRWDR200A-75

My rigs are a minitower PC with an up to date XP (mine) connected with an ethernet cable and my wife's laptop connected in Wirelss with Vista.

After setting it according to the instructions from the ISP it started working pretty nicely with an omnipresent little annoyance.

Basically it seems like it's disconnecting for a brief moment every now and then.
I'm usually connected with no big trouble and playing without noticing any problem.

My wife is usually playing on Facebook games.

Every third page(tab) she opens in Firefox (we both use it) the connection jumps to come back a few moments after.
We had a similiar arrangement (without the issue) with the older but now broken D-Link router.

The firmware of the router is already the latest released (2005) by the moment the router was bought (late 2008)

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Thanks in advance.

Komemiute

Edited by komemiute, 21 March 2010 - 01:15 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 AM

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:14 PM

Does it happen all the time or during certain times of the day?

You mentioned Farmville, does it happen when not on Farmville?

I'm not sure what would be causing this but it might be a little interference. Is there a cordless phone near the router or laptop? What about a florescent light? And that includes the florescent light bulbs. Most times people use their laptops in the same spot, does she? Meaning does it happen all over your place?

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 komemiute

komemiute
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:37 PM

Hi CaveDweller2,

here some answers and some news as well.

It happens all around the day, it does happen mostly when she opens/loads a new page. Farmville was an example.

Yeah there is a phone close to the router, but so was also with the old router. It's a Skype phone.
No fluorescent thingies. At all.

Yes she uses the laptop always in the same spot, a room we use as an office.

The problem seems not to be present when she connect also a cable from the router to the laptop.

#4 komemiute

komemiute
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2010 - 03:12 PM

Actuall after a day trying with the cable connected we still experience the same problem again.

Could it be a Router setting?
There is anyone with experience with 3com Routers?

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users