Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

virus issues :(

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MacDiesel

MacDiesel

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 AM

Posted 14 September 2005 - 05:11 PM

my girlfriends laptop got a virus last thursday. the virus screwed up norton antivirus so she had to uninstall it. she then downloaded free avg virus scanner and it found a virus or 2 and she deleted them. i am trying to fix it. when i try to use system restore a blank white window pops up with nothing displayed. in internet explorer i cant click on some things like open attatchments in email, and also i cant get to windows update. all in all this laptop has many problems like this. does anyonehave any suggestions as to what i should do??? please help!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wllm55

wllm55

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Location:Lower Chesapeake Bay, East Coast, USA, N37.00 W076.00
  • Local time:06:59 AM

Posted 14 September 2005 - 05:21 PM

You would be best off to go to the "HijackThis Logs and Analysis" forum. Follow the guidelines of various things to check and should that not help. Then Post a HJT Log. (HiJackThis) :thumbsup:
Dell Inspiron 6400(laptop),Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600),1.73 gigahertz Intel Core Duo,2048 Megabytes Installed Memory,SAMSUNG HM080II [Hard drive] (78.52 GB)

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 AM

Posted 14 September 2005 - 05:28 PM

Onlineantivirus.info - Free online antivirus, antispyware, security and privacy tools - http://www.onlineantivirus.info/en/

First priority has to be: Get the system clean.

Louis

#4 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 AM

Posted 15 September 2005 - 02:26 AM

If you think you are infected submit a hijackthis log here.

How to submit a hijackthis log

Download Hijackthis

Try running the following from safe mode (Getting to safe-mode) Sysclean you'll also need the virus template file from here lpt***.zip

or

DrWeb CureIT

If your good with the command line also try Sophos Command Line scanner

Also try installing and running A2 Free and Ewido

I'd also run Spybot and Adaware

If your using Win2K/XP run adaware/spybot from "safe mode with command prompt"

At the C:\ prompt type the following:-

cd\
C:\progra~1\spybot~1\spybotsd.exe /autocheck /autofix
cd\
C:\progra~1\lavasoft\ad-awa~1\ad-aware.exe

0 user(s) are reading this topic