Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cell phone questions plans,phones other stuff

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 PM

Posted 26 September 2004 - 12:24 PM

I am wanting to get a cell phone that can get on the internet with a large color screen. I also want it to check my email. Like this one!
Posted Image
But my question is if I get a phone made by a company(like above is made by sprint) Do I have to use there company plans? Like In want a phone like above but dont want sprint but someone like verizion or cingular! Please help me and if anyone has any phones that have internet and email things post them here! Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2004 - 06:51 PM

From what I understand a lot of these phones are made for specific carriers and may not be compatible with others.

What model phone is that btrw?

#3 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 PM

Posted 26 September 2004 - 06:57 PM

Cell phone carriers do only support their own services such as internet, E-mail, ect... The only thing that does transfer well from one company to another would be the actual phone number.
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#4 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2004 - 09:16 PM

Its a SPRINT HANDSPRING TREO 300. Here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...5721863715&rd=1
Posted Image