Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Person from another Country affected you?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 21 March 2010 - 05:25 AM

Please treat this with Respect. I dedicate it towards what Mark has done on BC. Noone was ever different to him, from his attitude.

I am not American, neither are many other Members reading this, Mark treated us all as equals.

Can I lead off with a Wonderful man that i was lucky to meet in the 60's? Sorry it wasn't Mark, but close to.

Roy Eykamp

Eighty-five years old, Roy emigrated from the US in the early 60s. A mechanical engineer by trade Roy had made his fortune pioneering the production of Kikuyu seed. He developed not only the technique for growing Kikuyu grass to encourage seed production but also invented the equipment needed to harvest it. Roy went on to have a worldwide monopoly on Kikuyu seed.

He has since moved on to pioneer the production of salt bush seed as a suitable fodder for livestock in arid regions. It also has the benefit reducing soil salinity, is very greenhouse

efficient, while providing a valuable fire break.

Roy saw a current affairs story about Bobby and decided to help him. Roys aunt had run a missionary school for underprivileged girls in India in the 30s and 40s and Roy wanted whatever success Bobby achieved, to go towards helping in the same way his aunt had.

Link to it

http://www.bobbycash.org/The_Official_Bobb..._more_info.html

That is a few years ago.

Picture

Posted Image

This man was so unreal to a person in his 20s, he had many more Inventions, I was trying to Sell one of them, for a Grain Dryer. I did well in promoting that.

The craziest thing I saw was the one that used a Normal Battery to supply Power back to that Battery and Charge up many Battries as well as it ran. All done with normal Scrap from Junk Yards. Almost perpetual Motion. He showed that Energy can be generated without negative responses from the Ozone Layer, if people are interested. Now they might be?

It was also my first taste of Fruit with a Steak Meal.

Ray.

Edited by Drovers Dog, 21 March 2010 - 05:47 AM.

What ever you give to others, you will get back doubled, Just make sure you only give Nice Things?......DD saying

There is a saying, "You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" it means "to be happy with what you have and not look for the impossible"......DD saying

The "Spirit" of the people who died, on that terrible day 9/11 will NEVER REST until such time as the "Imbeciles" that caused it, are eliminated through out the World.....DD saying

What is a Dog?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:44 AM

I did not know Mark personally, just knew his Character. I picked Roy Eykamp as the nearest to who I could relate with, regarding Mark.

Before Roy becamed involved, Kukuru grass was propergateted mainly by people planting out Runners of that Plant. Heaps of Labour. When I first met Roy he had Harvested some seed, but it was costing $100 a lb. He said that he could get the Costs down. He certtainly did that with his Inventions as this shows.

http://books.google.com.au/books?id=BOIQmQ...;q=&f=false

I think we all should pick a Pick a person that resembles Mark, no matter from where.

Ray
What ever you give to others, you will get back doubled, Just make sure you only give Nice Things?......DD saying

There is a saying, "You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" it means "to be happy with what you have and not look for the impossible"......DD saying

The "Spirit" of the people who died, on that terrible day 9/11 will NEVER REST until such time as the "Imbeciles" that caused it, are eliminated through out the World.....DD saying

What is a Dog?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users