Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Odd error after game installation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Psycho Nomad

Psycho Nomad

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 21 March 2010 - 04:24 AM

I've just installed Heroes of Might and Magic Collectors edition on my computer and after tweaking the resolution settings and having the game become unplayable due to glitchy-ness i went to uninstall the game but could not find an uninstall exe in the games directory so i just deleted the folder, ran CCleaner to remove any reg entries and restarted the computer.

Now when i try to install the game it asks me if i want to completely remove the game and all of its contents, to which i click 'yes', it then runs to 100% immediately and closes the install. This happens every time i try to install the game.

If i run CCleaner it keeps coming up with this: Application Paths Issue H5_Game.exe - C:\WINDOWS\bin\H5_Game.exe HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\H5_Game.exe

Even if i open it in Regedit and remove the entry the installer still does the same thing.

The other problem is that apparently there isn't a "C:\WINDOWS\bin\" folder on the computer so i can't go there to remove any bad entries.

this is heavily annoying as i've only just got the game and cannot play it, there doesn't seem to be any help of this sort of issue on the Ubisoft forums either, so my next step is to come here and ask you lot.

It seems to me like a definite registry issue, could someone please help me fix this!?!

There's also no option of doing a system restore to a point before i installed it as this desktop is new and i haven't made a system restore yet.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Psycho Nomad

Psycho Nomad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 21 March 2010 - 06:00 AM

its ok, i sorted it, it turned out it WAS a registry error, some obscure binary type entry with the uninstall command associated with the installer autorun, i deleted it and was able to instal again no probs :thumbsup:

#3 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 21 March 2010 - 07:56 AM

Can you provide more information if are able to remember what you did and how you did it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users