Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

someone is supposedly sending spam email from my ip

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 tamOchi

tamOchi

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 21 March 2010 - 01:29 AM

This is what Time Warner sent me in an email, and via snail mail.

Four additional reports of an open proxy have been received on [dates]. Please follow the instructions below to close the open proxy/relay and/or remove the virus/Trojan from your computer. If additional reports are received, we may be forced to temporarily suspend your Road Runner service to stem the spread of these viruses/Trojans.

It goes on to list the email information which includes addresses that are not mine, but has my ip. I have 2 computers hooked up to my router (router's wireless is wpa encrypted), running Vista SP2 (although I only updated the 2nd computer to SP2 after the warnings because I didn't know that my mom didn't update her Windows). I've scanned both computers w/ad-aware, CCleaner, AVG, and HouseCall. My friend suggested I run Hijack This, so I have the log from that for both, but I don't know what to look for.

Was hoping that someone would have any suggestions as to what I should do or even how to figure out which computer is causing the problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users